Our lead programme, Conversations for Life, was delivered with cross-sector support in collaboration with NHS Cumbria. This was the first NHS funded, community-wide initiative to raise awareness and educate people around the need for end of life conversations while healthy, in order to influence our future care.
In only 9 months…
- 1 cross-sector steering group representing NHS, County Council, Age Concern and Local Hospices was established.
- 8 people told their stories (via DVD)
- local press and radio interviews reached more than 200,000 with positive stories.
- 1 designated website was launched linking hundreds of organisations and resources
- 12 workshops were delivered in 6 localities across the region.
In only 3 months since the programme launch…
- 3000 visits were received on the website
- 100 participants (family members, carers, health and social care professionals) attended a 3 hour workshop in 6 localities across the county.
- 89.5% responded that they were very likely to implement their new knowledge
- And 97.5% would recommend the workshop to others
- 200 DVD’s were distributed to health and social care professionals
- Facilitator workshops have since been developed and materials available under www.conversationsforlife.co.uk